We’re servants of the Living God—watchmen on the wall—committed to standing in the gap for others. Whether across the globe or next door, our prayer team is a group of fellow believers united as one in our Messiah Jesus.
© Desireofmysoul.faith. (.com and .org) & SoulBreaths.com. All rights reserved.
Join us before our King . . .
Recent prayer needs listed below by date.
Email your prayer requests: email@example.com
Let the battle commence. Intercessory prayer is strategic warring in the spiritual. Seeking God’s face. Seeking His will, direction. Waiting to hear His voice so we know how and what words to pray.
I waited expectantly, patiently for the Lord;
until He turned toward me and heard my cry. —Psalm 40:1
DECEMBER 8, 2023
9-1-1 Prayer Requests: Michael, M.A.J., Charlotte, Carmella, Kellie
Plus: Special Updates on Prior Requests
1. Michael. Spiritual, physical, and emotional healing for this 25-year-old who is in deep waters. He’s had health issues (autoimmune) since he was a child and then cardiac issues from his late teens. As a child, Michael was flowing in the joy of the Lord. But since his teens, the chronic illnesses have stirred up anger and depression—but those outbursts and emotional issues are believed to be driven by our enemy (satan) and his demonic cohorts.
Michael (mind, body, soul) needs to be freed from this stronghold and turned back to God and our Messiah Jesus, the Restorer, the Healer, the Lord of Shalom (completeness, wholeness, peace). And his mother—along with the family—needs God’s mercies, strength, comfort, and encouragement covering her with your restful, quieted Spirit and healing, repairing and closing the wound of her aching heart.
Mighty King, please annihilate the enemy’s strongholds—physically, mentally, and spiritually—on Michael. Pulverize the lies and let your TRUTH arise. Lead Michael into your peace and remove the bitter root and all its entanglements from the past. Great Restorer, remind his soul of his youth and joy with you. Help him rekindle that passion; fan the flames. Restore to his soul who you are and please do a deep work so he knows you are for him (not against him) and you are with him. Cause him to lie down in your green pastures (refreshed in your Word, Presence). And restore (repair, return to a better condition) his soul, in Jesus’s precious name.
2. M.A.J. Another young man shackled by the enemy, living in the realm of demons. M.A.J. is in his mid-30s and suffering from a drug-induced psychosis. He exhibits bizarre, reckless behavior, resulting from years of using psychedelic drugs to cope.
He’s bound. Spiritually, physically, mentally. And the family is crushed. They and M.A.J. need our prayer support—big time. The family’s prayer request is that M.A.J. will enter a 90-day rehabilitation program. Note: He’s Jewish and has renounced Judaism.
Abba, hear the cries of this family. See the heartache, the pain, the bewilderment, the near hopelessness. Look down on M.A.J., and please let your mercies flow bearing deliverance. Pierce the darkness, command the shackles and blinders to fall off and bring healing—lift his head toward you and breathe new life into him for your glory. Help him discern your good from the enemy’s evil. Realign his soul and mind with you. For your name’s sake, O Lord, preserve his life, and in your righteousness bring his soul out of trouble (Psalms 143:110).
We pray and stand on Psalms 3 in Jesus’s name:
But you, O Lord, are a shield about me,
my glory, and the lifter of my head.
I cried aloud to the Lord,
and he answered me from his holy hill.
3. Charlotte W. The biopsy results on her lower right jaw came in: 75% malignant and they found something on her lungs.
She started prep for her surgery: the surgery is December 22 for the lump on her lower right neck. Then they can determine what stage her cancer is and what treatment is needed post surgery.
Hopefully, they’ll also be able to tell her about the spot they found on her lungs.
Charlotte is Catholic and believes in Jesus as Messiah but is understandably worried and under much stress. She’s seeking His intervention, healing, and comfort.
Holy One of Israel, we bow before you, kneeling on your Word, your promises, in faith, in Jesus’s wondrous name:
When you (Charlotte) pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.
For I am the LORD your God . . .
Lord, may your glory, holy Presence, and promises bring Charlotte guidance for treatments, healing on all levels, encouragement through the valley, and blessed assurance of You, casting out all fear. Envelope her with your garments of love, a love not of this world, but gloriously, faithfully true.
4. Carmella. A dear friend to me over the many years who has had a series of health setbacks. More recently, back in September/October, Carm had a stroke and then recently had a bad fall. The doctor says it’ll take time to heal. Praying that the Lord will help her rest in Him . . . so her body, mind, and soul can be restored, revived, by His hand.
Majestic in power and glory is our Lord God. Our Shepherd whose yoke is easy and whose burden is light. Shelter your daughter Carmella under your wings, drawing her closer, quieting her soul to truly rest (spiritually and physically) in your Presence and promises. Light up her way and carry healing from your throne to her. And, as in Hebrews 4:16, help her to confidently draw near to the throne of grace, that she may receive mercy and find grace to help her in time of need. In Jesus’s sweet name.
5. Kellie, Pastor JD Farag’s wife. (JD is the gifted teacher/pastor of Calvary Chapel Kaneohe, Hawaii.) A strong woman of faith in Christ Jesus, Kellie has overcome many trials in her walk with our King. And now she faces yet another. Kellie recently learned that her breast cancer (diagnosed this past summer) has spread to her lymph nodes. Yet, she and her husband press onward, carrying on in ministry, faithful to their calling before our King. We’re praying for mercy, favor, healing, strength, and a testimony of your love, Father, so that then all shall know that you are the GREAT I AM, the LORD GOD, and there is NO OTHER but you.
Psalms 84:5-7, 11-12
Blessed are those (Blessed is Kellie) whose strength is in you,
in whose heart are the highways to Zion.
As they go (As Kellie goes)through the Valley of Baca (trouble)
they make it a place of springs;
the early rain also covers it with pools.
They go (Kellie goes)from strength to strength;
each one appears before God in Zion . . .
For the LORD God is a sun and shield;
the LORD bestows favor and honor.
No good thing does he withhold
from those who walk (from Kellie who walks) uprightly.
O LORD of hosts, blessed is the one (Kellie) who trusts in you!
UPDATES ON PRIOR PRAYER REQUESTS
UPDATE! Cathy. We prayed for her (November 26 prayer request) because she had received a malignant breast biopsy report. Thank you, Lord, that Cathy is negative for the BRCA gene which means no double mastectomy needed! She’ll have a lumpectomy and radiation instead. Cathy thanks everyone for their prayer support. Please continue to pray for her during this treatment. Thank you, warriors.
UPDATE! Jamie. We’ve been praying for Jamie who has stage 4 lung and liver cancer. But on November 30 and December 1, we had 9-1-1 prayer intercession because he was in the hospital with pneumonia and awaiting diagnostics and treatment. God moved! Jamie is home with oxygen and antibiotics—and feeling stronger every day. He thanks everyone and was so encouraged by your prayers—and continues to ask for them as he battles the stage 4 cancers.
NOVEMBER 30-DECEMBER 1, 2023
Jamie. Oh precious prayer circle family … please take a few moments to pray for this dire, immediate issue–and pray as often for it as the Lord brings it to remembrance.
Jamie is my sweet cousin with stage 4 lung and liver cancer who many of you have been graciously praying for. (Thank you for that.)
He is in the hospital (in Ohio) with pneumonia–it’s near the site of his lung cancer. He has an exploratory diagnostic tomorrow to assess the situation.
NOVEMBER 26, 2023
Many Important Requests!
1. Cathy. Received a malignant breast biopsy report.
May God’s grace, comfort, and healing garments envelope her and draw her closer to Him. May He lead her to the best treatments/protocol as He, the Majestic Giver of Life, sustains her every step of the way.
2. Evelyn. Wearing a monitor to determine heart issues.
Please, Lord, you are the great revealer and healer. Cover her with your mercies, keeping your healing hand on her and give the doctors wisdom/understanding.
3. K.M. May her walk with God be strengthened, girded by His character, sweet Presence, and deep love for her as she seeks His comfort and leading through a difficult life passage.
Pray Psalms 18:28-30.
4. Robbie. He’s on dialysis but got covid then sepsis.
Please pray for his healing and God’s intervention so Robbie and his Jewish family will come to know and believe in the promised Messiah, Jesus, our redeemer.
5. Donny D. May the Lord step into his life in new ways, ushering in physical healing and insurance/financial resources–and performing a deep work to bring Donny to salvation in Christ Jesus.
6. S.S. May the Lord pave the way for her book–which honors His Name–to be completed per His leading and excellence and in His timeline so many will read her testimony and trust in Him.
7. Philomena. Her 98th Birthday in mid-December! Lord God, thank you. Your mercies are all too wonderful. Please, may your favor, joy, and protection bathe her during this celebratory season.
8. Abigail, a six-year-old, and her mom (L). Gracious Father, please embrace Abigail in your arms and bring your little lamb to complete healing from her recent fall and stitches.
And for L, may you release your rest, spiritual clarity, and physical healing from your throne to bless and love on her in special ways.
9. Toby. Andrea’s 10-year-old Australian Shepherd. A sweet companion who’s healing from a neck injury and now has a spine issue.
Abba, all creation is yours and dear to your heart. Please touch your Toby with healing and breathe through him a longer, joyful, safe life.
10. J.W. May the gifts and calling that you have placed on this young man continue to mature and be enriched in this season. For the things that he desires and seeks your leading on, heightened his spiritual hearing and spiritual understanding so his heart will always be locked in step with you, so he showers those around him with your love.
11. Four health needs
* Michelle (healing process for allergies/sense of smell)
* Jamie (ongoing cancer treatments)
* Kylee (ongoing pregnancy wellness)
Thank you, Father, for your hand on these four health situations. Only you have the power and the glory to uplift, sustain, heal, and encourage them.
We lay them at your throne of grace, trusting that you will expand your wings and draw them into your loving shelter, opening your hand to provide everything needed. Pray Psalms 91 over them.
PHOTO CREDIT: Wrecking ball photo only was purchased from iStock.com (my text was inserted onto the graphic afterward.